Garages & In-Law-Suites
In a report from the National Association of Home Builders, a survey showed that the number of garage remodels has grown significantly over the last few years. This means that the car shed is now almost as important as windows or decks in terms of remodeling. Pushed by the popularity of SUV's and pickup trucks, garages now need to be at least 22' x 22' and 9' high to accommodate the modern vehicles and with limited storage space inside the average home, garages are getting bigger both in space and number of bays to accommodate the overflow. Adding additional bays will allow for your lawn equipment, recreational vehicles and your project workbench.
What to Think About When Remodeling Your Garage
- Will there be easy clearance through the garage bay openings for my vehicles?
- Do I want a rental apartment, Office or in-law suite built in above?
- Should I include additional garage bays to house recreational or lawn equipment?
- How much storage area to project area do I want?
- Do I need electricity or running water?